As one of the market-leading textile printers in Scandinavia, it is essential for us to do the best we can. This also applies when it comes to the use of our resources, where the ambition is to be a frontrunner in sustainable production which is both environmentally-friendly and people-friendly.
Therefore, our production makes use of the most modern technology, which has the smallest possible impact on nature. The power we use comes solely from sustainable energy sources, and we have the goal of switching our entire fleet of cars to electrical vehicles during 2026.
These are just some of the specific initiatives that we work with every day in order to improve for the sake of the environment.
As one of the 3 largest textile printing companies in the Nordic countries, we assume responsibility and lead the way. This also applies in relation to making the best products, relieving our employees of monotonous, repetitive work and ensuring that everyone is doing well and receives fair wages. We want to lead the way and make sure that our production is sustainable.
The most important thing to us is that we work with raw materials and make products that are not harmful to the people who work with them, the people who use them and to the environment.
We are against buy-and-throw-away culture. With our products, we make sure that textiles are not discarded because the logo on the textiles is damaged.
• We have as little waste as possible in our production, and we work continuously on reducing this even further.
• All our products are certified whenever it makes sense to us and our customers.
• We reduce our power consumption, and for example, we have replaced all light sources to LED. We have very modern machinery, which is energy-efficient.
• We work constantly on reducing our water consumption and recycling water when possible in our production.
• We have partners, both suppliers and customers, who are just as concerned with the environment as we are.
• Lots of our products are already Oeko-Tex 100 certified and comply with Annex 6.
• We are working towards obtaining MADE IN GREEN by Oeko-Tex, which verifies that the products do not contain harmful substances and that they are manufactured using sustainable processes and under decent working conditions.
• We want to reduce CO2 emissions and thus be greener. From 2021, our production will run entirely on neutrally-produced power from Danish wind turbines, and by 2026, all our company cars will be electrical.
To ensure that we make a difference in the world we live in, we have chosen to focus primarily on UN Sustainable Development goal no. 12, but also 13, 14 and 15.
At NS System, we need to move towards only using sustainable and organic commercial goods which fully or partially are made from recycling, both with respect to textiles and also the raw materials for production of logo prints. We focus on durability, which should lead to fewer products being thrown away, and we also recycle all our paper, cardboard and plastic.
No later than 2026, at least 50% of the products we buy must be fully or partially produced of recycled materials.
No later than 2030, we should be able to recycle 90% of our raw materials. We must make sure that the raw materials we use do not contain harmful substances, and we will work on making products that can be recycled, in close collaboration with partners within circular recycling and our suppliers of raw materials. In collaboration with recycling companies, we will make sure our waste, defective products, etc. are recycled and get a new life.
We will reduce our carbon emissions using sustainable energy and by avoiding fuel. We want to use sustainable energy which is Co2-neutral when possible. We want to assume responsibility and do our part.
No later than 2022, we must use sustainable CO2-neutral energy in production and for heating. We will ensure this by only using power from Danish wind turbines, acquiring new, energy-efficient heat pumps for heating the company, and using newer machinery.
All company cars must be electrical by 2026.
At NS System, we work only with raw materials that are not harmful to life below water. This consists primarily of water-based dyes with which we produce transfers, and we do not release contaminated water that can harm marine life.
Our dyes must be biodegradable by 2026. The dyes with which we make logos must be degradable in, for example, waste water from washing machines, so that they do not adversely affect the water environment and do not pollute our water and oceans.
No later than 2026, we must reduce our water consumption by 25%.
We work only with raw materials that are not harmful to life on land. We do not use harmful chemicals and do not emit pollution. Our transfers are produced primarily with water-based dyes. We thus do not adversely affect the earth’s ecosystem.
No later than 2030, we must be able to recycle 90% of our raw materials.
No later than 2026, we must support at least one project in the Nordic countries which helps bind CO2 emissions. In this regard, we will monitor the available options for binding CO2 emissions, thus reducing pollution of the atmosphere. This could be swamp areas in the Nordic countries, promoting the planting of new trees and similar.